Enhance the quality of cancer care in Georgia through research and education.
Georgia CORE will drive improvements in cancer outcomes, contributing measurably to the state’s distinction as a national leader in cancer care and research and to better health for Georgians.
Values and Strategies
Engage Georgia’s clinical and scientific leaders in collaborative cancer research;
Affiliate with preeminent organizations and institutions.
Conduct translational research;
Develop research based on leading science and emerging opportunities;
Disseminate findings and share best practices.
Join with patients, survivors and advocates to improve access to quality cancer care;
Reduce cancer care disparities.
- Create a statewide cancer research network linking community oncologists and cancer centers with researchers and academic medical centers
- Increase access and accrual to clinical trials through outreach and community awareness programs
- Adopt and adapt 21st century information technology to improve research quality and efficiency
- Develop community partnerships and obtain patient/survivor feedback to minimize disparate access to clinical trials
- Enhance research capacity and infrastructure via professional education
- Advance the quality of care by promoting and conducting research, disseminating new findings and serving as a vehicle for knowledge transfer